We are proud to announce the second annual Diamonds in the Desert Adventure...
Thank you for your patience!
May 3 to 12, 2022
The poppies are still blooming, the markets are teeming, maybe, and you and a small group of old and new friends are about to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure through the spellbinding streets and deserts of Morocco!
- May 3-12, 2022
- Complimentary Feminine Leadership Workshop with Lori Roberts Smith
- Includes Individual Photo Sessions Throughout
- First Leg (May 3-7) Moulay Idriss, Meknes, Chefchaouen
- Second Leg (May 8-12) Sahara Desert, Fez
This isn't just a "sit and learn" retreat
This is an active adventure in which you will literally be stepping out of your comfort zone and into the unknown to (re)discover the beautiful power of your own feminine leadership.
When it's over, you will have a greater understanding of your Self and your Power, having had a series of amazing experiences with Don, Lori, your fellow travelers, and the beautiful people of Morocco.
First Leg: Moulay Idriss
We will be staying at Rose Button's gorgeous Moroccan guesthouse in Moulay Idriss, Dar Zerhoune. Each room at the guesthouse will accommodate two participants.
Each day will begin with breakfast and a brief presentation by Lori, Don, or both. Then we're off to start our day with an adventure. This may include a tour of Moulay Idriss, a trip to see the ruins of a 2,300-year-old Roman outpost or neighboring city, touring a local winery, or even a class on traditional Moroccan baking and tea-making. (Exact activities to be determined as a group.) Don will be taking photos and video throughout.
Afternoons will be free for individuals or small groups to pursue their own activities.
We will reconvene for dinner, and in some cases, an evening activity like a winery tour or star-gazing.
Second Leg: The Sahara
Ahhh, the Sahara. This time offers an opportunity for deep reflection and introspection as we're surrounded by a sea of sand and sky.
After a short sunset camel ride (weather permitting) we will find ourselves at Tiziri Camp, a gorgeous eco-camp in the Erg Chebbi dunes. Tiziri Camp will be our home as we explore both inward and outward. Each tent at the camp will accommodate two participants.
There ARE activities that you can participate in while at the camp, including riding on 4-Wheel ATVs, "sandboarding", shopping the markets in nearby Merzouga, or visiting the nomadic tribes and archaeological points of interest that are close at hand.
Please note that Don loves taking his clients for a ride through the Sahara on the back of an ATV!
We'll all spend the last full day together in the beautiful city of Fes. It's time to celebrate before taking the train back to Casablanca the next morning and departing for our homes the following day.
What is included in the Full Adventure?
- All candid travel photos taken by Don
- 20 retouched images of your choice
- A one-to-one coaching session with Lori prior to the trip
- Access to the Diamond Facets Workbook by Tribe of Diamonds
- One hour consultation with Don prior to the trip
- A personal travel video created by Don, and featuring you
- Shared Lodging, from first night in Moulay Idriss (April 6) to the final night in Fes (April 14)
- Group transport between Casablanca, Moulay Idriss, Fes, Merzouga (Sahara), back to Fes, and on to the airport in Casablanca
- Group breakfasts and dinners
- Group activities (Roman Ruins, Winery Tour, Camel Trek, Henna Art, etc.)
What is not included?
- Airfare: Travel to Casablanca from your location (and back again)
- Personal purchases (gifts, souvenirs, snacks, medicines, toiletries, etc)
- Afternoon (non-group) activities
- Non-group meals (when you choose to go do your own thing)
- Gratuities for local services
PLEASE NOTEItinerary subject to change. Exact daily activities in Moulay Idriss may change as the event draws nearer.
First Leg: Moulay Idriss
Day 1 (Tuesday, May 3): Arrive in Casablanca
Participants meet in Casablanca before 2:00 pm and the group will be brought to Moulay Idriss for dinner and relaxing.
Day 2 (Wednesday, May 4): Moulay Idriss
Visit the ruins of Volubilis a 2,300 year old outpost of the Roman Empire with incredible mosaics still intact.
Day 3 (Thursday, May 5): Chefchaouen (The Blue City)
This is a full day excursion, but it's well worth the drive to experience the beautiful "Blue City."
Day 4 (Friday, May 6): Meknes
Meknes is a short drive, and offers a great opportunity for an authentic Arab Market experience.
Day 5 (Saturday, May 7): Travel to Fes
Up early and off to Fes to stay at a Riad in the centuries old Medina before departing for the Sahara the next day.
Second Leg: Sahara Desert
Day 6 (Sunday, May 8): Fes to Errachidia
A big day as we on a 6 hour drive to the Sahara and make our way to Tiziri Camp for a four course meal, Berber music under the stars, hot showers, and soft beds in this luxury camp.
Day 7 (Monday, May 9): A Day in the Desert
A day of quiet reflection, flying across the desert on an ATV, or both... or neither, for that matter!
Day 8 (Tuesday, May 10): A Day in the Desert
Another day of quiet reflection, flying across the desert on an ATV, or both... or neither, for that matter!
Day 9 (Wednesday, May 11): Errachidia to Fes
Up early and on to a 6 hour drive back to Fes back to Fes, and our last evening together as a group.
Day 10 (Thursday, May 12): Fes to Casablanca
This 4 hour train ride will get us back to where we started by 2:00 pm... in Casablanca!